Blog Update



The Chic-a-Lac Blog is finally undergoing renovation, rehabilitation, revision, renewal, reorganization, revitalization and resuscitation. All of this is happening in stages. Some of the old features are gone, such as the Virtual Patio Message Board which is no longer supported, some have been updated like the Youngsville weather thingy, many of the links, like the Camp Album, in the right sidebar and in the posts themselves need relinking in order to work and some new material and features will be added. So please bear with us if some of the things just don't seem to work right. And please feel free to pass along your thoughts, ideas and even a minor criticism or two. You can always reach the blog by clicking on this button Ca. Chic a Lac Mail Thanks for your understanding.

March 20, 2007

MESSAGES FROM DEBBIE KORN SLOAN
With Great Reminiscences of Uncle Mortie

strolling down memory lane Well, hi. Despite the fact that I went to Camp Chic-a-Lac for six summers, I found all of one picture that I could absolutely identify as me in the hundreds on your site. Maybe I was just imagining it all? Anyway, I looked up the website because I wanted to thank Uncle Morty after all these years for being so wonderful to me. When I was sick in the infirmary, he made sure that I got to participate in a raffle ... stuff like that. Lots of stuff like that. I had a hard time fitting in and Uncle Morty made sure I wasn't excluded. I remember all the camp songs and have shared some of them with my kids (to their dismay). Movie nights on Thursdays, hot dogs and beans; tuna for lunch on Thursday. I was friends with one of the blind girls -- Cindy Helfond. Sometimes I wonder what happened to her, and to some of the others, but it amazes me to see how much I've forgotten. I didn't think I would ever forget. So, hi from Debbie Korn, Chic-a-lac camper from 1960-1964. I am now a professor at the University of Montana and wish to thank you for doing this for me! Debbie ***************** I remember a lot of the people you mention. Debbie Chernock and I are the same age and were roommates once or twice, I think. I also have wonderful memories of Aunt Ethel and Uncle Roy. Don't worry about the lack of any pictures of me. I was a chubby little misfit and found it hard to make friends. Klutzy to boot! I did like waterfront, though, except I decided to get phobic about diving and refused to do it, kinda screwing up my opportunities to progress through Red Cross training. Sometimes a counselor would take pity on me and pass me anyway. I do also remember Carol Deedledum - she gave me a nice part in Mary Poppins - and Corinne, etc. All good people. Sure, you can post my info. I'll write more when I have a decent opportunity. And thanks again. Debbie ***************** [Debbie's e mail is:. To send her a message, just click on her address]

1 comment:

Neil L said...

Debbie:

Glad you found us. Don't worry about not wanting to dive...the water was only about 4 feet deep, so you can be forgiven!

Neil